Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE GSD3435F00WW dishwasher timer stops with the dial pointing

My GE GSD3435F00WW dishwasher timer stops with the dial pointing at approx 4:30 clock position and won't advance any further. I replaced the timer but the problem continues. I thought perhaps the cam that opens the soap dispenser door was binding, but I ran a cycle with the door open and the same thing happens. It seems that the timer is waiting for a signal from something else before it continues. Without a schematic I can't determine what it is waiting for.

Thanks in advance,
how much water is in the bottom after it fills?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure how to measure the amount as the bottom slopes. Can you tell me where to measure and I will run another dishwashing cycle?

I forgot to mention that the washer motor continues to run even though the timer stops advancing.
do you hear the water sloshing around inside ? there should be water up to at least the heater , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can hear water sloshing as it washes. I believe that it is at least to the heat element.
ok. does this drain if you advance it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. It goes on washing for several minutes and drains later.
ok your problem is with the heater, look at the heater and see if it has any burnt spots, also check the thermostat for the heater for continuity. if it has none replace it, and do the same for the heater itself, do you have this set on high temp wash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it is on High Temp wash. Would I be better off replacing the entire washer?
well that depends on which part needs to be replaced, if you are unable to test this you would need to call for service . have you tried this not using the high temp wash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not yet, but I will. Let me let you go. You've more than earned your $30. Thank you very much.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX , Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I ran the dishwasher through another cycle without the Hot Wash or Hot Dry. Still stopped at the same place. This is just FYI, no need to answer.