John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag dishwasher is not cleaning well. The lower spray

My Maytag dishwasher is not cleaning well. The lower spray arm does not seem to be spinning. I do not hear it and I have opened the dishwasher several times at different cycles and the arm is in the same place. It does not spin at all. I removed the filter and saw that the rinse arm is being blocked by a plastic round disk that I think comes out from the discharge housing assembly.

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2340910/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1#

Thanks for the question, that round disc is it the same color as the discharge housing if it is its part of the housing.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is the same colour and I was able to push it back into the housing but after a trial wash it came out again
Its suppose to be part of the housing, it comes apart and when that happens it gets noisy and wont wash properly, replace that , it will fix the problem.Great job.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
replace what? give me the part name
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I remove it?

The discharge housing is number 11 is that what you said you looked at or did you go that far.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the lower spray arm then the secondary filter assembly then the pump filter at this point I am looking at the rinse arm assembly. This does not turn because of this disk that comes out of the discharge housing. It is a yellow colour just like the housing. I removed the rinse arm and there is the washer arm support which is white and it sits on the part which the disk comes out of. The disk is still attached to the part it just is protruding and touching the pump filter and will not allow the rinse arm assembly ( #7 on the diagram) to turn.

PS2099029: Discharge Housing Nut

Is it this number eight, did you have the dischare housing off at all.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no it is not this part. This is the plastic nut that holds the white washer arm support. It is the yellow plastic part under this.
Well # XXXXX the nut hold down # XXXXX on the part # XXXXX on to # XXXXX which is the discharge housing, now what number do you mean.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
#8 does not hold down #7. #8 holds down #9 onto part #11 and the disk comes from part #11. So does this always happens when #11 breaks down?

Yes when number 11 breaks down that disc becomes loose and that part 11 is the problem.