Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

My Kenmore (model 665 .15529000) will not drain. From what

Customer Question

My Kenmore (model 665 .15529000) dishwasher will not drain. From what I'm reading online let me go ahead and answer a few questions that you might need answered to help me. It is definitely more then a little bit that is supposed to be there. It goes all the way up to the heating element. I didn't recently install a garbage disposal. We do have a disposal but it doesn't work and hasn't for at least 6 months. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.

Take the drain hose from under the sink put it in a bucket.Put the dishwasher on drain does any thing come out?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, stupid question, how do I put it on drain?
Does it have a cancell button?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No sir, all I have all the cycle options, drying options (there is a reset on that but I believe it just resets the drying options) and then the dial that moves around as the washing cycle progresses.
After it fills slowly advance the dial until it goes into drain.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, got it, yes, when I move it to drain, water comes out the hose

Then there is a blockage after the drain hose in the plumbing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I should clarify water did come out the hose but the dishwasher still didn't drain all the way. Right now I am thinking I have a bigger problem then I initially thought. I noticed when I put the rack back in that the float was sticking kind of sideways and when I straightened that out it did drain but now it's not filling.
The float is not on the water level switch you need to remove the bottom kick plate and make sure it is on the switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I am thinking it's definitely not on any switch because I can pull it out with no problem. I took the bottom off but I just see a bunch of wires. What am I looking for?
Where the float goes through is a switch with a arm it sits on the arm.