Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a stacked Whirlpool washer dryer that needs a water

I have a stacked Whirlpool washer dryer that needs a water inlet valve replaced. Must I remove the back panel to access it or is the small panel that the valve is attached to enough?
don't take all the screws out to the cabinet back panel you will have a hard time getting this back together, the valve should come out with the small plate its connected to , there are two wire plugs attached to the valve as well as a rubber hose, in this diagram you can see the bracket that holds the valve has lips on it you have to work it out, part # XXXXX is the bracket, you need to pull it out and then disconnect the wires and hose, this is a little tough though, do not try to remove the back panel this will be trouble. hope the diagram helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HA! Now you tell me! Still have 2 screws in the back panel so hope it goes back together OK. Any tips on working that small panel out (ie does it push in first then out?), it seemed I would have to bend it significantly to get it out.
thats what I do is give it a little bend and work it out, it kinda goes into a slot so you need to get it out of the slot. its difficult to do these,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more? Just to confirm my diagnosis of the problem. My washer overfills regularly and keeps filling after the power is turned off. Is this most likely the water fill valve?
yes it is, if its not getting power when you shut the machine off its the valve, (very common)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Alright Thank you for your time.
your welcome, well wishes and thanks, Bryan