Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Kenmore gas dryer model #9757 6200 75762. It runs

I have a Kenmore gas dryer model #9757 6200 75762. It runs but does not heat up. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
please resend the model number from inside the door please .. should start with 110.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here it is:

110 97576200 75762
when you run it does it have any heat inside at all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no heat at all, thanks.
when you start it do you hear a click from the inside after a few seconds
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, no click from the inside.
remove the back panel and on the right hand side from behind beside the blower duct there is a small white thermal-fuse ,, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it cost about $15 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, replace it and you will have heat again ,,, thanks and have a great easter.
Larry
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Larry, can I pay you after I replace the thermal fuse?
sure .. no problem and if i can help more feel free to ask
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks very much Larry. I will do as you suggest, replace the thermal fuse and more than gladly pay if/when that works. I'm assuming I can log back onto the justanswer.com website at a later time and pay. Is that correct?

Have a very nice Easter yourself. I appreciate your sage advice.

Best,
Patrick
yes you can log back in and come back to this post when you get ready
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will do that.

Again, thanks and Happy Easter, Larry.

Patrick
if you like you can pull the two wires off and stick them together and try the dryer and see if it works while i'm still on line and we will know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Now that was a good idea. Yes, it does generate heat now. I'm very impressed, Larry. Now I don't need to wait to see if a new thermal fuse will work, do I?

Do you have any idea as to what caused the fuse to burn out in the first place?

no but most of the time its due to the vent hose or the vent duct to the outside being stopped up ,, just replace it and you will be good to go / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Again, thank you for making my life a little easier. If I ever need more appliance advice, I know who to find.

Have a great day, Larry.

Patrick
thanks