Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my 9 year old Maytag electric dryer had just begun to dry a

my 9 year old Maytag electric dryer had just begun to dry a load of sheets. I set the timer for 70 minutes. After running for about 5 minutes, the dryer shut itself off. And there is this burned hair smell... Any ideas on how to get it running again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if you open the door there will be a tag with the full model # XXXXX you check it? also is this completely dead? wont start at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Full model number is XXXXX

does not start at all. Did not check circuit breaker because the washer next to it is running just fine.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does this start at all? the dryer is on a diffirent breaker its 220 volts and is the big plug, check your breakers before going futher. thanks Bryan

Edited by A-1 Speedy Appliance on 4/4/2010 at 3:53 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
checked circuit breaker. it was not tripped. double checked it anyway. dryer does not start.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok your thermal fuse is bad, it is the pink dotted one in this set, these come in a set and you use two out of the three depending on if its gas or electric , yours is electric so you will replace the pink one and the blue one, it comes with instructions and you can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PYE230DAYW-%3d%3di3344&PartID=3344 thanks Bryan,

Part 3344