Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

where do I find directions on replacing the heater in my d

where do I find directions on replacing the heater in my dryer
do you have the entire heating element or just the re string kit? is this what you have? Part 407685
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the photo is the part that I have
ok . you have the top off correct? you will need to remove the bottom front panel# XXXXX in this diagram by removing screws #2, then the control panel has to be removed and then the front panel. once that is done reach in and release the belt, then pull up on the drum to remove it from the rear drum bearing assembly. # XXXXX on this diagram, pull up hard towards the back of the drum with the belt and it will pop out of the bearing holder, then you will be able to get to the heating element, this is kinda a big job thats why I sent the diagrams, hope that helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when you say front panel do you mean the door and every thing in the front
yes, it need to be removed to remove the drum,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, I have removed the front and the control panel, but there is this little plastic thing in the front, does it come off, and do I unscrew the screws in the center of the drum because it won't move
no don't take the screws out inside the drum itself holding the bearing , just slide the belt back to the rear of the drum and jerk the drum up at the back with the belt and it will lift up out of the bearing holder in the back. it has a ball that drops into this, Part 774936its upside down in this picture though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, i have put the heater in and have tried to replace the drum, the back slides into the horseshoe, but it feels really loose, and unbalanced, am I doing something wrong
no you need to put the belt back on and the front, this will tighten the tub back up. theres no support in the front yet thats why it feels loose.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yea its a party,,, I have heat, yea, this is the best easter gift ever thank you so much and I hope that you have a great easter
thats great i wish you a happy Easter also, well wishes and thanks, Bryan