Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I turned the self cleaning oven on for the second time ever

I turned the self cleaning oven on for the second time ever and again the f-9 code blinks on the screen at the end of the cleaning cycle and it is locked. When I called a tech last ime he cam and got it unlocked and said next time make sure the oven doors are completely shut before turning on the cleaning cycle. I did. I have a house coming for dinner that I need to cook for. Can you help me please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the model # XXXXX make?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

mer 6770aaw

mer6770 aab

mer 6770aac

One of these models. Does that help?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

its most likely the door latch assembly, this is what the code means,

F9 Door latch supervisory (door latched)Unlock door and check switches or clock assembly (also called the ERC)

the problem is the door latch assembly is no longer available, Part 704534the part # XXXXX 74004528 just in case you want to search the web for it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I can not un;lock the door, it doesn't unlock. Pushing the canceling button on the unit does not unlock the door.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately the only way to unlock it is take a coat hanger and make a hook to pull the latch back far enough while jiggling the door and pulling on it to get it open, this is a pain however.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no way to get a coat hager in there to do that and it is a double door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how did the tech get this open? try putting this back into self clean and then cancel it while pushing in on the door , sometimes this will open them.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got them both open and the display is back to normal and the oven works. This may seem weird but I prayed to Jesus about it and it is working now. But it is time for a new range. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome God bless and have a wonderful Easter. thanks Bryan