william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

My Dyson doesnt stay on unless I keep my finger on the on button

My Dyson doesnt stay on unless I keep my finger on the on button all the time I vacuum. In addition it doesn't seem to pick up as well from my rug. I have clean all the main areas but it hasn't helped! Its about three yrs old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
I thought these where suppose to have good suction? Do this test for me please take out the filter and tell me do you get more suction?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was much more concerned about my vaccum not staying on by itself. Is there anything you can do to resolve this problem. I will handle the vacuum sunction on my own. You said it was your expertise but you redirected your answer to the least important problem I am facing. I thank for your answer.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Im not done yet that was just a test. There are a couple of switches in there are you talking about the on/off switch??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, its the red button on top! Sorry about the misunderstanding. I press the button but it won't stay on.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Ok if you give me a minute please i will get the place on where you can order it from.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

If you go here its number 47 on the diagram. This is at sears. odelNumber=DC17&productCategoryId=0645000&brandId=3207&brandDescription=DYSON,%20INC&modelName=DYSON-UPRIGHT-VAC&diagramPageId=00003&componentDescription=DUCT%20ASSEMBLY&documentId=P0612038&blt=06

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.