Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlaway BF884 disposal that is leaking. There is

I have a whirlaway BF884 disposal that is leaking. There is clearly a rubber gasket that has come loose and is protruding into the opening of the disposal about 5 to six inches down from the level of the sink. My plumber claims he can not find parts for this unit! Can you be of help in locating this part for me? I see that the unit comes with a 10 year guarantee and assume this repair would be covered. Please indicate where parts can be obtained for this unit and how I would utilize my gurantee.

Thank You,
Davis Lawton
Middlebury, Vermont
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

there are parts available for these, you can click this link , as far as the guarantee you would need to call whirlaway. there should be a # XXXXX it or call the place it was purchased. thanks Bryan,