Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

i have a whirlpool gas dryer that starts fine and gets hot

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool gas dryer that starts fine and gets hot then shuts the gas off and wont restart. the glow element gets hot but no gas . if you restart the machine the same things thing happens starts fine then once it get hot then it turns the gas off and wont restart. i replaced thermal fuse, thermal cut off and the element , but it still does the same thing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi the problem here is the safety valve coils. They have developed a short. As the dryer heats up the coils short and then when cool down they work again. You will need to replace the coils. These can be located on top of the gas valve. Click HERE for the replacement part. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike