Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a whirlpool ADP9520 dishwasher. Every time I start it,

I have a whirlpool ADP9520 dishwasher. Every time I start it, after a while the start button flashes, & there is no water coming through inside.
The water connection appears to be o.k. & I have cleaned out the top circulating spray, which appeared blocked, either with paper or lime (hardwater). It's still not working.
Any suggestions please?
Email:[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi the start button is likely an error code to say there is no water in the dishwasher. You will need to take the toe panel off under the door. Pull the wires off the inlet valve and set a cycle, Then test the wires for voltage with a volt meter while the machine is supposed to be filling. If you get 120v to the valve before the machine errors then replace the inlet valve it's bad. Mike