Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I bought a RCA Microwave Oven RMW1108 recently. I could not

I bought a RCA Microwave Oven RMW1108 recently. I could not get it to function. As soon as I plug the electrical cord, a part (the fan?) starts functioning and the glass plate starts turning; but the oven does not cook. And whatever I try to stop the oven (stop/start function; timer-reset function; a new timer/cooking time attempt; etc), it does not stop, except by pulling out the electrical cord. I brought the microwave back to the store and they changed it for a new one. But back home, the same thing happened: as I plug the electrical cord, the fan and the tray start functioning, but no heat, no cooking; and nothing I tried could stop that. The Manual contains no “trouble shooting” section. I tried emailing the problem to Believe it or not, it will not accept the email; I keep receiving an error message. – Has anyone encountered that problem? How did you solve it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how old is this? is this brand new? the problem is one of the door switches and if this is new it needs to be serviced by the warranty techs. you need to call for service or return the microwave to the place you purchased it and get a replacement, hope this helps, Thanks Bryan