Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Have an old GE Profile microwave model J VM193K 003 (serial

Have an old GE Profile microwave model J VM193K 003 (serial GL 955156 S), still working beautifully. The plastic frame around (holding) the control panel / electronics broke. Can I get replacement part for this? I have been told the part number is XXXXX (and/or WB7X1950).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi This part has been discontinued, let me take a look at all my suppliers. I may be able to find someone who has one left over in stock.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok I just checked every major parts supplier in the US and no one has it and as you know it is discontinued. If it's just a small crack the only thing i can suggest is glue. Other then that all I can suggest is give GE a call, they may have a few left on the shelf or can come up with an alternate. Sorry :( Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help, Mike. The microwave doesn't owe me anything -- we have had it for an eon and should probably replace it with more up-to-date elecronics. BTW: I see you are in Rochester, one of my favorite US cities, very live-able ... I used to work for Xerox and spent quite a few weeks a year there (from Southern California), but have never felt so frozen as during a January 17th snowstorm there!!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OMG I'm from England originally and the winters here are harsh, Would love to be where you are...any chance you can adopt me? :) Sorry I could not find the part for you but there are many more energy efficient units out there that will save you money in the long run :) Mike