Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a small bar fridge model GMR04BLTBASC, serial GM041681.

Customer Question

I have a small bar fridge model GMR04BLTBASC, serial GM041681. It continually makes a clicking sound. Is there a problem we can fix. Its very annoying especially at night. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, how is the temp in the unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The temperature is o.k.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok these are pretty simple systems, the only two things that can cause this is the compressor relay or the thermostat. Listen out to see if you can figure where the noise is coming from. If it is coming from the controls your thermostat may be noisy clicking as it activates. If the sound is coming from the back on or near the compressor then it's a chattering relay. You will need to pull the relay off the side and replace it. The relay is the most common cause of this problem. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike