Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Maytag Performa, model # PYE 2300 AYW. Does not heat properly.

Maytag Performa, model # XXXXX 2300 AYW. Doe's not heat properly. I poped the top and all heating coils are getting red but they cycle on for about 30 seconds and then off for about 30 seconds continuously
Hi the likely problem is a blockage in the vent system. Pull the vent off at the back and then run the machine on a cycle. If the problem corrects itself the blockage is in the vent going to the outside of the house. You should trace the blockage and clear it. If the machine is still having a problem when the vent is pulled off from the back the problem is inside the dryer. You will need to clean out the lint in the vent system, The lint would normally collect around the vent area below the lint filter and near the blower. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike