Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

On 1/6/2010 I purchased a model HVTF48DPABS (Warranty Card

On 1/6/2010 I purchased a model HVTF48DPABS (Warranty Card # XXXXX) Wine Cooler. The Cooler consitently will not cool below 59 degrees F. It is installed with amble clearances all around. The ambient temperature in the apartment is between 78 and 80 F.

What can be done to correct this problem?

Karl Kaiser
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there is nothing that can be done unfortunately. If you don't like the temperature it's cooling at (between 55-60 degrees F) then you need to replace the unit because this unit does NOT get any colder than that and that's just how it's designed. You can get the "beverage center" instead of the wine cooler and it will get colder to about 38 degrees but the wine cooler is not designed to get any colder whatsoever.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to get to 55 degrees for white wine and it will not go below 59. It is OK on 60 F on the redwine side.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I understand but I'm just telling you, it won't go that low. It's meant to get between 55 and 60 but there is no way to get it exactly 55 because that's it's extreme low point so maybe a corner or tiny area in the unit will get that cold, but as a whole, the average will only be about 58 or so