Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Doing a load of wash I smelled rubber burning. When I checked

Doing a load of wash I smelled rubber burning. When I checked the washer, a piece of the laundry was stuck between the spin tub and the outer tub and I can't get it out. What to do?
You'll need to et the item out. It's a lot of work if you need to take the unit apart so if it's not that nice of a garment just do everything you can to force it out and don't worry about ripping it.

If you remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the front panel, the front panel will hinge up and away and finally remove. Then you can remove the screws coming from the inside holding the top panel just around the front right and left corner. The top panel will then hinge up and back. There is a large clamp that goes around the top of the tub that you will need to loosen so that you can remove the top part of the outer tube called the "splash guard". Then you can remove the items.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am unable to get the belt back on but I did get the laundry out. Any easy way to tighten the clamp - I am unable to get the screw to reach to other end of clamp.
there should be two screws so you can loosen the other side also so that you have enough slack to tighten the other screw down, then make sure the tub still turns without hitting the top splash guard (keep a good distance between the tub and the guard) and tighten both screws down evenly.