John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Miele CVA610 Coffee System, approx 7 years old. I

Customer Question

I have a Miele CVA610 Coffee System, approx 7 years old. I have never had a problem until now. I removed the Brew unit to clean and it now will not go back in. It appears that the gear is not lining up with the opening on the brew unit. I have tried everything even turning the gear but the gear does not move. Any ideas, is there a way to reset the unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance_Ray replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the question. I can help you with this. Did the brew unit come out of the machine with no problem? If so then the problem may well be with the brew unit itself. The brew unit must be in the home position to fit into the Coffee maker. Home position means that basket must be centered directly under the funnel on top. And the screen filter must be pushed all the way down. You can to manipulate the unit back and forth to get everything to line up properly. Don't force it too hard. The plastic pieces can break.

Let me know what you find out- Ray

Edited by Appliance_Ray on 4/1/2010 at 9:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Ray I appreciate the reply but I couldn't wait. I appreciate your trouble but the response took 7 hrs. I was able to get a service number for Miele and talk to a technician directly. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is there is something else out of sync and a service tech is going to need to make a house call.