Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

elite range touch controls for oven not responding/operating.

Customer Question

elite range touch controls for oven not responding/operating. can select bake but start and numbers 1, 2 and 3 do not respond.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Hi can you give me the full model number? will look like this and be normally located inside the drawer on the left or right side.

Dis this problem start after hitting some button or did you go to cook and this started. Does any error code show on the display such as F1?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, F1 is the error code shown in the display. I am away from the unit now but there is somene who will be getting that information to me shortly.

How should I get that information back to you once I receive it? Is there a an email or do we need to communicate through this screen only? Please advise.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I don't really need that information now since you have given me the fault code. This fault code means the control board has suffered a fatal error. You will need to pull the power for 30 seconds in order to try resetting the control board. If after this you are still having a problem you will need to replace the control board. If you have any other question please feel free to ask. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I shut off the power overnight to the range. I had the same trouble the next day after it was powered up. Do have a part number for the control board? I appreciate your help Mike.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi if you can give me the model number I would be glad to look up the part number for you :) You could also click HERE and go to sears website. Enter your model number for a list of parts for your range. Mike

Edited by Mr Fixit on 4/1/2010 at 3:02 PM EST