Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Have Jenn Aire SVE 47600W slide in electric w/conv. Convection

Have Jenn Aire SVE 47600W slide in electric w/conv. Convection oven part replaced about 1 and 1/2 year ago after oven fire. Just realized that grease through the grease drip tube is not going all the way through to the jars. I keep pretty clean so never had full jars but some. The little plastic wire tube that comes with Jennair will also not run through all the way to the jar. Nor can feed up all the way. Don't think there is a grease blockage either. done hot water thing other...So was there something supposed to be done when convection unit replaced, slid in that messed this up. I am going to need specific technical info to get appliance people to make good on this. Went from Jennair extended warranty to GE extended warranty in meantime. JennAir is uncooperative.So i need some real data.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..It depends upon what they replaced when repairing the convection parts...The covection fan and motor would have been replaced from the back side panel...Now if the insulation was replaced they could have kincked the hoses leading from the burner pan to the jars...If the hose is not reaching the jar then it sounds like they are not routed properly...If the hoses were blocked with grease once you have the oven going it would heat the grease up so that would not cause a blockage...The preety slim chances that both hoses are blocked at the same time...To me sounds like your hoses are not routed properly..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the oven itself slides out (if you are a tech) and the oven unit replacement was slid in and the electric heating elements were replaced. the convection fan did not have to be replaced. Jenn Air has been no help. Until this replacement the drainage worked properly and I could feed the plastic tube all the way from the top to the jars. I am thinking that something off after the new oven unit slid in. But I can't find any diagram or technical memo to prove. I have the A&E Serviceman's cell number. Should i call him directly if A&E main phone not responsive to this? Are there technical instructions that would show how this is to be done that i could get a copy of online or something? Basically everyone is not wanting to deal with the issue.

Yes as a tech have seen many units that slide in...Without being there in front of unit i can only go by what you have provided...You stated that the oven had a fire...I was assuming that the fire may have burnt up the fan motor..So in that case the fan motor is accessed thru the back panel...If you are referring to the oven housing ...Yes it slides in..Like i stated in my reply to you..More than likely they did not get the drainage tubes in the right position ..More so that the drainage tubes do not reach to the jars..What you would need to do is dismantle the oven to reposition the tubes...Once you do this you can take pictures then call the service tech...If you are not up to dismantling then by all means call the tech ...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Bob,

I found a diagram of the jennair i have. It is the drain clean assembly that i think is problem like you are mentioning "tubes"? I found slip for parts. They replaced SUB OVEN SEN, Element Bak, Oven Weld AS, Broiling Element and Oven Racks.

This repair was done under my JennAir extended warranty but I had to switch to GE extended warranty when the JennAir contract expired. Should JennAir still correct since problem with actual repair that was not obvious..

Thanks, pat

Yes i would give them a call and let them know you are not satisfied..You do have proof as in the invoice ..