Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have an older sub zero and it stopped making ice sometime

I have an older sub zero and it stopped making ice sometime ago. I finally had the repair person install a new ice maker unit. Now $375.00 later still no ice and I feel they have not clue why? Any ideas on this it is getting rather frustrating as they have been out several times. Thank-you

Hello. There are only two components to an ice making system, one is the ice maker the other is the inlet valve. Generally there are repair guys out there that do not know how to diagnose an ice maker and simply change the ice maker through lack of knowledge. Since your still not getting any ice I suspect the other part in the system is bad (the Valve)

I would have the company who did the repair come back and refund you for the ice maker and install a valve. You should be all set then. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike