Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 6 year old top of the line Maytag dishwasher with

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old top of the line Maytag dishwasher with electronic read out and pushbuttons on the front center
The machine starts the wash cycle but can never finish a wash cycle and the LED read out will start to lightly flash as if a relay or circuit board is not sending a signal to restart.
Also if you open the door during a cycle to add a dish it will usually not restart the cycle.
I push the drain off button and the LED starts a low flash and the current draw seems high since it also dims a light not even on the same circuit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
if you open the door and look around the frame of the dishwasher there is a sticker along the left side with a model number. Can I get that model number to better assist you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Serial # XXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so the same motor that drains the water also curculates and washes, it just reverses direction. That means that your motor isn't causing the problem, unfortunately the board itself is causing the problem which after see which control board this unit has, is not suprising. This unit tends to have a lot of control board problems. Here is a link to the part you will need to order and replace in the door.