Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I own a HT Duet washer. There is an error F du displaying and

I own a HT Duet washer. There is an error F du displaying and I cannot unlock the door.What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Hi here is the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions needed. In a nutshell your most likely going to replace the door lock. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike

FdUDoor unlock errorA Door Unlock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to unlock the door 6 times before displaying the error.

Potential Causes

• Door Lock Mechanism broken.

• Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly for foreign objects
  • Check Wire Harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure

Replace failed component.

Note: The door lock/switch assembly can be manually unlocked.

To Manually unlock the door lock system:

1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Remove the lower toe panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front panel and locate the bottom of the door latch assembly.
4. Located on the bottom of the door latch assembly is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about 1/4 inch or until a click is heard.
6. The door may now be opened.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the child lock has somehow been engadged how do I unlock that. I am missing my manual so I have forgotten how to do it. I would like to try this first
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Well the child lock is hitting the end cycle button for 3 seconds. The panel would show control locked if this where the problem. The error code you get means the CCU or the brain of the washer has tested the lock before a cycle has started or at the end and found a problem with the lock.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.