Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Sorry I got called away. I have a samsung s/s that the ice

Customer Question

Sorry I got called away. I have a samsung s/s that the ice paddle on the front broke and I ordered a new part but it did not come with any instructions of how to install it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Click on the link below to download the complete service manual for your unit...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That manual did not tell us how to change the ice shute with the paddle on it. This is the place where you push the glass against in order to get the ice out of the refrigerator into the glass from the front of the refrigerator. It told us how to take off the control panel on the front of the freezer door but there were no instructions of any kind of what to do after that and no pictures to show us if that is where you would change the new one for the broken one. Going to need more info.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

You will probably be out of luck with much help on that one, this is a more touchy feely type of repair, once you get the cover off it is fly by the seat of your pants, especially with a Korean model of unit as their owners manuals alone don't make sense most of the time from the poor English they use. Sorry.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.