Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

I have a Maytag microwave oven the display was dark when I

I have a Maytag microwave oven the display was dark when I got home I went to the breaker box and cycled the breaker to reset the oven but nothing happen display still dark. Is there a fuse or breaker in the oven that I can reset? Or is it time to get a new microwave?

Mike Sminchak
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hiya,

If there is light inside the oven when you open the door, then it is not the fuse and it may be time for a new oven.
The fuse is number 12 on the Internal controls diagram at this link.
you will need a tech to change it.
Microwaves are dangerous to open.They store 25000 volts in them even when unpluged.
Not advisable to play around with them without this knowledge.

Edited by Neilwill on 4/1/2010 at 12:05 PM EST
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I opened the door there was no light on. Can I replace the fuse myself and do i have to disassemble the microwave to get at it?

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there is a fuse! But there is also a capacitator in microwaves that holds up to 25,000 volts in thme even when unplugged.
I always tell my friends that they take their life in there hands to go in without experience.

Edited by Neilwill on 4/1/2010 at 1:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK i will send it to a local service tech.

Thanks XXXXX

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Your life is worth more than the service charge.
God bless.
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
God bless.

Edited by Neilwill on 4/1/2010 at 2:44 PM EST
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician