Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

hello..we got an F2 error message on our whirlpool double oven,

hello..we got an F2 error message on our whirlpool double oven, and now the lights on the panel are not working, and the oven will not go on at all...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today.. When you press cancel how long does it take for the F2 to reappear?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing happens...we only saw the F2 warning once...should I try to hit cancel again?
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Is the display completely dead now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, and it has been for about a week
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

You will need to locate this fuse behind the control panel, it is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items. You will need to check this with an OHM meter and see if it is open, if so replace it, if it is good then make sure that you have 220 volts coming to the unit, otherwise you will need to replace the control.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 589699

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the price to replace the whole control panel? Approx??
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

The complete control is around $170.00 depending on the exact model number, however for some models it is no longer available..

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech