Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Hi my Maytag Epic z is flashing an f 21 error code. Its done

Hi my Maytag Epic z is flashing an f 21 error code. It's done this several times the last few days. It will tumble as usual, then make a clicky tumble for a while, then doesn't want to drain or continue, and is unresponsive. Do you have any suggestions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..The most likely problem is you have something caught up in the drain pump...Or the pump is bad...Most of the time if you clean out the filter you should be ok...Depends upon if what ever is caught up did not ruin the pump impeller..In order to access the pump you would need to remove the lower front panel...Behind the panel is the cap for the filter trap...Remove the cap and clean it out...Remember if there is water in the drum you will need to remove it before removing the cap...A shop vac works good for this...

Here is waht you are looking for..