John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a 1949 Maytag Dutch Oven, in perfect condition, that

Customer Question

I have a 1949 Maytag Dutch Oven, in perfect condition, that we purchased last year, but have not hooked it up. I asked a repairman to come over and look at it, but he says he can't hook it up because it does not have a safety shut off to the pilot lights. ??? I didn't think it had pilot lights, because it clicks to ignite the burner. One of my burners does not ignite when it clicks. Can I replace the clicker, or would the line need to be cleaned out, and how would I do that?
Do you know if I can get a rewiring kit and ballast for my light that will bring it up to code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Does your oven have a model number you can send me, so I can get information on it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It looks like the plate has been removed that would have the info. I have done a search on the internet, and 1949 Maytag Dutch Oven brings up a picture of our stove
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
OK. Thank you. I'll see what technical information I can find on the oven, and I'll post back to you.