Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My dryer does not have any heat. It turns on, goes through

My dryer does not have any heat. It turns on, goes through the cycle, air comes out the vent but it's cold air.
Do you have a multimeter? Was this taking longer to dry a load of clothes then it used to?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If multimeter is the sensor, than yes & it started taking longer to dry in the last month. My husband cleaned out the dryer vent to the exterior of the house this weekend & it was full of lint. I did 6 loads of laundry on Monday & Tuesday and it worked great. Did a load of towels today and after 3 hours the towels still weren't dry.

My Maytag Atlantis washing machine is not spinning as well as it used to either so I have been repeating the spin cycle to help the drying time.

Ok the clutch is slipping on the washer. the only way to replace the clutch is to replace the transmission. You would be better off buying a new washer then repairing this one. The dryer you either have a bad heating element or the thermal fuse is blown.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What it be cheaper to buy a new dryer or pay the service call and repair bill in your opinion?

Thanks for your advice.

To repair this one it will cost less then 200.00. If the dryer isnt making a any noise it might be worth fixing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On the washer if the clutch is slipping would their be a noise or a smell?
No there wouldnt be. It just doesnt grab the tub as hard as it should.