Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Have a whirpool GBS307pdq3 that has been going wrong for about

Customer Question

Have a whirpool GBS307pdq3 that has been going wrong for about 6 months. So far have had the thermal thingie replaced, door solenoid & latch and last friday even the control panel and board. I put it on a preheat which it does for a couple of minutes., makes a bit of a clunking noise. The door locks, the heating element wont heat up (doesn't glow) even though the oven is saying "heat" and then we get the F5 error.
Have tried turning off & on and even cutting the power for a couple of minutes. Its about 9 years old. What else can be wrong???
Its taken me 8 attempts tonight and lots of turning off and cutting power and i'm getting pretty darn fed up with it. Help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.

The error that you are getting it will be F5 and then a letter and then one more number .

Like F5-e1

Can you tell me what the last letter and number are ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pretty sure it an E1 error.

here is what the tech sheet says .

F5-E1 Self-clean latch will not lock

Can you Explain thermal thingy better ?LOL

Do you mean thermal fuse in the rear , oven sensor inside the oven ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah you've probably guessed I have NOOOO idea on oven terminology :-)
A thermal sensor was relaced. I can remember him going into the back of the oven an replacing something.
Heck I hope that helps.
do you have the part number of the control that was installed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Main control Board part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
touch pad control part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

That is the correct control .

Ok so the control ,the touch pad , the sensor, door latch, have all been replaced .

So you have had the entire electronics replaced ,the oven temp sensor ,and the latch assembly

The code is a latch issue <but your not even trying to clean the oven ,so the latch should not come into play .

The oven sensor could have been out of spec ,telling the control it was above 500 degrees and then the control says OH door closed ,oven temp above 500 degrees GEE I must be in clean I`ll lock the door .

But that not the case #XXXXX new sensor #2 just in the pre heat mode,

But them when the door locks it no longer heats .

So Here is what I thing is the issue Either the control is bad ,or it has been miss wired ,or the latch has been miss wired or you have a bad wire harness .

So you have replaced the control Highly unlikely two would be bad .

You replaced the latch ,also unlikely the new is bad ,

****So I think you have a bad harness***** Which is a PAIN to replace.

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And there was me thinking this could be cut n' shut (english term)
Thanks for all your help. Least now if I have to call the engineer out again (which is looking highly likely) I can be armed with ammo. He may even think I know what i'm talking about.

Thanks again for all your help.
LOL no problem at all .glad to try and assist you ,Good luck ,And thank you so much .