Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Admiral Capacity Plus machine will not drain during spin

Customer Question

My Admiral Capacity Plus machine will not drain during spin sycle. It stopped mid-cycle and is filled 1/3 full with water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe, as it wasn't quite clear, that it's
E10860
sorry but you had the model number as ,,, capacity Plus
the model does not come up but what you need to do is get to the pump, remove the hoses and clean it out ,,, something got into the pump to block it / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the pump on the back of the machine, or contained inside? If it's inside, I'm not sure I can access it...
the pump is on the inside on the base of the washer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do you suggest i access it?
lets try this again ,,, look under the lid and send me the complete model and serial number off the sticker
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry- i was looking in the wrong place-
EEV99413
slide a putty knife or screwdriver between the top and front panel about 2-3 inch from the outside edge and release the tabs and raise the top and remove the two screws holding the front panel and remove the front panel
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go ,,, Larry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry to keep you hanging on overnight. i will try to open the panel and see if i can clear the hose. this makes sense and if i am able to do it i will accept your answer promptly.
ok ,, thanks and its time for me to get moving again anyhow haha
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i was able to take the front panel off and when i wiggled the hose a bit and pointed it directly into my floor drain rather than into my washtub, the water drained right out, so i don't think there's anything clogging it. however, when i tried to run it through a cycle, i see that the spin cycle is not working. it just kind of hums and nothing happens...
tilt the washer and remove the belt and turn the pully on the pump and see if it turns freely