Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I am getting a door lock failure code on my whirlpool duet

I am getting a door lock failure code on my whirlpool duet washer. I have changed the door lock module twice. The first time I replaced the lock module the door would lock most of the time, but not always after a load of wash. Moisture maybe? This last time, the door would not unlock, manually unlocked the door, replaced the door lock module again on the chance the first one was defective and the boot for the possible moisture problem, but am still getting the door lock failure code. How do I test the module to see if I have a simple harness connection problem, or something else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
with the problem your having with the latch isnt the latch ,, replace the control inside the top panel ,, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it cost about $130 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there some way I can test the panel before I buy the part?
you can always test the power from it to the latch but it may give a false reading since its bad and not controlling the door switch ,,, if you replace it then it will be ok ,,,, seen this many times over my years
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go ,,, Larry