John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE side by side refrigerator leaks in front underneath,

My GE side by side refrigerator leaks in front underneath, only when using the water dispenser. Otherwise, there is no leak.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

The water line comes from the bottom of the door check that hose connection, also pull the fridge out and look at the water valve for the leak. it could be just a split hose that you can repair.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The hose by the door is fine, the leak is underneath the other door, in front. There is no leak in the back or by any valve.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
in the fridge side does it come from under the fridge if thats where its from theres a small hose at the back that connects to the water reservoir, check that area.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The leak is on the refrig side (underneath in front only), the water dispenser is on the freezer side.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
The water reservoir is in the fridge at the bottom behind the crisper's , theres a hose that connects to it , it could be leaking from there check that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Checked it - hose is good, all is dry. Does this mean the hose is leaking beyond the reservoir underneath?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Yes thats where it enters the reservoir at the back just under the fridge, it has to be that hose .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need a repairman for this or can I do it myslef?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
You can repair this yourself, pull the fridge out and take a look for that hose take the bottom panel off the back and push in the disp button to get water you will see the leak.