Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My MBD-1 dishwasher will not turn on. A few days ago we ran

My MBD-1 dishwasher will not turn on. A few days ago we ran the dishwasher and it went through several cycles one after the other. I finally pushed the "drain/off" button. It drained and turned off. It then went through one cycle properly. Yesterday it would not respond to any button pushing. After sitting for a few hours, it turned on and did a full "normal wash" cycle.
Today, once again, it does not respond to any button pushing. I sit here waiting for it to change its mind.

Nick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
You need to replace the touch pad. This is a common failure on this model. This is an easy part to replace. Open up the door and remove the screws around the inner door edge. The touch pad will come as the plastic top of the door.