John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an older Amana Over-the-Range Microwave Model MVH230.

It still works fine but... Show More
It still works fine but the handle has borken off and can not be fixed. I can't seem to find a replacement. I need dimensions and venting info so I can replace the unit; unless you have any idea when I might purchase a door handle.
Category: Appliance
replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

If you find the handle then you can fix the unit is that correct, and where did you check for the handle.

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
I have checked online, and at the dealer. I went directly to the Amana site and it told me the part was not longer in stock and would not be restocked. Also tried a few random online sites with no luck. And yes you are correct, that would be the fix. However if it turns out not to be, then I need the additional information.
John, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mvh230-%3d%3dc226i232882&PartID=232882

This site says they have it in stock.call them and order the handle lets hope they have one, they say they do.

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

Obviously I got frustrated too quickly! Thank you for doing this for me.Smile

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

And maybe I did it again because this is the site I visited and it says the following:

Please click:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mvh230-%3d%3dc226i232882d514038i232882&PartID=232882

I see that sorry, I cant get dimensions for you , theres no breakdown in the system.