Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Kenmore Elite Electric Range 790.9901 right front burner wont

Kenmore Elite Electric Range(NNN) NNN-NNNNright front burner won't shut off even after I turn the knob to off. Is this fixable?
This is fixable. You need to replace the switch behind the knob.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something I can do or do I need to call a repair service? If I do have to call a repair service, who do you recommend and how much approximately should this cost?
You can do this as long as you can pull the unit forward so you can remover the back cover behind the controls. If you call a tech out the job will cost about 150 dollars. You can order the part from
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can pull it out. One other question, I just checked on the repairclinic website to see the part. I want to be sure I have the right one. Is it the Infinite Switch/Surface Burner Switch that costs $19.95? The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Yes that is it.