Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Double GE Oven Model JTP56 displays door locked , but isnt

Customer Question

Double GE Oven Model JTP56 displays "door locked", but isn't locked. Allows no function. Disconnected several times, but still not working and still shows "door locked"> What is needed to correct problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
If the door isnt locked but the control board is saying it is you need to replace the lock.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On the double oven, how do you know which lock to replace and what is the proper part number to replace?
Do both ovens self clean?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have a multimeter, but I need to change computer locations to use it. Can I reconnect from the other computer in a few minutes? Also, refer toTechnicians Schematic Diagram 229C4048 G124-1,Publication No. 31-20269 PT. NO.229C4360-0If it is OK I will reconnect with you on the other computer. I will wait for your answer before I switch. If I need to connect the multimeter I may need to remove the top oven door for access to the lower oven door lock assembly and that will take some time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am responding from the e-mail on the other computer. Hae you responded to the above question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your last message indicated my problem had been turned over to all experts and I haven't received another message. Are they still working on it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not received a reply since 7:19 PM last night when this was turned over to All experts. I have sent numerous replies since and haven't got a reply back. My balance shows that I have "0"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I do not receive a reply within one hour, I am notifying Pay Pal and cancelling the charge on my credit card.