John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

whirlpool washer gsx9750pwo. water does not shut off after

whirlpool washer gsx9750pwo. water does not shut off after fill and agitation starts. I replaced pressure switch 336845 did not fix problem..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

how do you stop the water from entering the washer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what else do you need?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
You said the washer overflows, I want to know how you stop the water from entering the washer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I stop the water manualy by shuting off the water valve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I shutof the water valve on the wall can you call me?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Part 904809

This is the problem if thats what you have to do,a dirty pressure switch hose can cause the same problem, take the hose off the switch and blow it should be clear try that if clear then yes its the water valve.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replaced the tube to the pressure switch and I removed the water Inlet valve then hooked up a hose on the valve both hot and cold and turned water on, applied power to selinoid and water squirted out removed power and water shut off. seems like the valve is working ????
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
You will have to check to see which solenoid keeps getting 120 volts when its not turning off it has to be getting voltage from the timer and by passing the water level switch
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello , I checked voltage at both selonoids during this part of the cycle that I am having problems with and I have voltage on the cold side only . and there should not be any.

Thank You
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

I don't have a wiring diagram for that model , you will have to follow those wires to see if they go to # XXXXX or the timer,it has to be one of those parts

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does the circuit board control?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
With that model while its filling the different solenoids give different temps to the water entering the washer from cold to warm to warmer , try this and disconnect the wire to the solenoid that gets the 120 volts and try the washer again see if it still overflows.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I removed wires from the cold solenoid and it does not overflow
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Do those wires from the cold water go to the board or to the timer, look at the board for that wire to the cold solenoid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok the wire goes from the cold solenoid to the temperature selector switch then the timer.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
then it has to be the timer, the water temp switch is already set for the temp of the water entering the washer, the only part that can send the voltage to the valve is the timer through the pressure switch and to the valve, so I sounds like a timer problem.
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.