Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Bosch front loader washing machine displaying E 13 error code.

Customer Question

Bosch front loader washing machine displaying E:13 error code. What does this mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi, This error means long drain. You will have to check the drain pipe from the tub to the pump and the pump to the stand pipe. Basically means you have a blockage or a restriction that is causing the drain to take too long. Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I check the drain pipe?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
You have to access the cabinet of the machine. Normally there will be a removable panel at the front under the door. If there is not a removable panel at the front it will be on the back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you referring to the small round circle just to the lower right of the front door? or do I need to take the whole bottom part off?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Unscrew the small round circle at the front first, this is your drain filter. If there is water in the machine have some towels handy. Once you have the drain filter out clean any debris out and try the machine. If you still have a problem after this you will have to check the drain system. In this model you may need to lay the machine on it's side and go in through the floor. Bosch don't make schematics available so it's tough to know how to get into every model. Check for a removable panel at the back that gives you access to the pump. If you cant get from the back lay the machine on it's side real careful. Mike