John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Whirlpool dryer type DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54 that also

I have a Whirlpool dryer type: DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54 that also shows MOD LER620PTO. I think the heating element is out. It now takes several cycles to dry things that previously would dry in one cycle. The vent is clear but it is venting a good volume of slightly warm temperature air. Does that sound like the heating element? If so, how do I replace it? If not, what do you think is the cause?

Thanks for the help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

The model you sent is not in the system, the model is inside the door is that where you got the model number.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is the only thing i see. It is possible that the last digit is a zero instead of an "O". So, please try LER6620PT0.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The element is # XXXXX and the hi limit thermal is # XXXXX unplug the dryer and take the back off , the element is easily remove to check for a broken coil, check the element.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is a broken coil easy to see? Do I look for a crack? How do I determine the problem is with the hi limit thermal? Where do I purchase replacement parts such as these two items?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
You will see a broken coil when you take the element out, you can buy the parts at check the hi limit thermal you need a volt ohm meter