Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I put WM0532h washer in diagnostic mode to test pum

Customer Question

How do I put WM0532h washer in diagnostic mode to test pump?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
you can't, but if you wanted to drain the cycle out you can remove the lower access panel on the front and then drain out the water through drain cap by just unscrewing it after the access panel is removed.

If the unit continues to fill you are correct, you likely have a bad pressure switch assuming the water shuts off when you turn the machine off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You can't put it in diagnostic mode and test system? I knew about the hose-easier to put shop vac on drain hose and suck it out-faster too.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that is correct unfortunately.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
If you want to run a diagnostic of the machine: DO NOT HAVE CLOTHES IN THE MACHINE FOR THIS.
-Hold down "spin speed" & "soil level" buttons, press Power while these buttons are being held.
-Press dial:should lock door
-Press dial:should begin to spin (rpm should show)
-Press dial:should begin to spin faster (rpm X 10 being shown)
-continue to press dial which will bring you into filling up, filling up pre wash dispencer, softener dispencer, liquid bleach dispencer, until machine drains. If anything is wrong during these different cycles, the error code should come on and you should have a better idea of what is wrong with your washer. note: you have to keep pressing dial to go into next cycle, it doesn't run itself through the different cycles.

This doesn't work on all models and it's not listed in your service manual so it probably won't work, but you can try it as it work on other LG models if you wanted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks-have accepted answer-hope it works!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I hope so too, good luck.