Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Where are the fuses located on my frigidaire gas dryer model

Where are the fuses located on my frigidaire gas dryer model GLGQ332AS1?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
it does not have a fuse in this one ,,, is it completely dead?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Manual indicated there were two fuses to check. As I stated, found set to "dry by time" cycle blowing cold air with drum turning. Wife indicated she had tried all cycles and heat levels and could not get any heat to come out. I turned to automatic dry and placed the heat setting on high and it started producing heat with drum turning, after it had been sitting for about an hour.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I believe what the manual is referring to is the thermostats which are also called thermal fuses. one of theses is on the top of the blower assembly but its really the cycling thermostat, Part 916702the other is the high limit, which they call the safety , which is basically a fuse, if this blows though you would need to replace it in order for it to heat again. in my opinion its your gas coils causing your issue, Part 3449 because you said you waited an hour and then it started to heat again, if it was the thermal fuse (safety thermostat) this wouldn't happen, these coils are on the gas valve and you can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GLGQ332AS1-%3d%3dei3449&PartID=3449 for around $30.00, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if it is the gas coils, would they work off and on like I described? I just found out that even though the heat came back on, it must have truned off again, because the clothes never dried. Are they easy to replace? Do you ghave a schematic of the coils and how to replace them? Thanks,Ron
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sorry i was out, yes they can cause those symptoms, this is what usually goes on these machines , there are two screws holding these in and two plugs thats it, but you need to get to the gas valve to change them, you will need to remove the front to get to them,

Gas Dryer Guts

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.