MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

the sanitized light is out and no steam when opening the door

the sanitized light is out and no steam when opening the door after a wash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a display on the front of the unit? And if you switch between different cycles (not including rinse and hold) does it say the same times?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
regular and econo doesnt matter, the light is out at the end of the wash. the display is on the top of the door.

If you act like you are starting a cycle and change it to a different one are the times the same? Can you get me the model number from the unit, please? It should be on the right side of the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
shx46a02uc/26 time of cycles seem to be ok.
If the cycles have different times then it should not have a heating issue. If they all say 99 or 2H you will need to replace the control. On Bosch's if you incoming water temp is 130 degs or higher it may not have enough time to trip the light but they will be sanitized. If there is not a button for sanitized it will only sanitize on the longest cycle. On your type of contol we have not had issues with it heating. Check your water temp and let me know what it is.
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
water temp 118-120.
Do the cycles seam to take alot longer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the wife says they seem to be longer.

It does sound like a heating problem but most of the time if it does not heat to the correct temp it will change the times of the cycles. The heater can not be direct tested and your control can not be easly split apart to check for burns. If the unit is less than 5-years old the control may be under a part warranty. (check the warranty page in your owner's manual) It maybe time to have a teh out to do the electric measurements to confirm control or heater. If you call Bosch(NNN) NNN-NNNNthey can get you hooked up with a local servicer. Give the servicer this part# XXXXX and see if they can have it on the truck.

Thank you...