MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a problem changing a light bulb in our Expicure Dacor

I have a problem changing a light bulb in our Expicure Dacor double oven - upper door. The instructions say to remove the glass cover. However, the part that the rack sits on is in front of the glass that is in front of the bulb. That part is screwed into the oven. I cannot figure out how to get the glass past the rack holder....
Can you get me the model number off of the unit, please? It should be inside the vent below the control panel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Model EC522758K or EC52275BK Serial VC1172577

Sorry it took so long, I couldn't find it.....

No problem.

Turn off power to the unit! If there is power on when you change the bulb you can blow the board. There are two screws that hold the rack ladders on the sides of the oven wall. Once removed the ladder will pull out of the convection fan cover. The glass is a pain to get out. It may take a bit of leverage from a screw driver. Do not touch the new bulb with you fingers. Use a paper towel. If you have touched the bulb use rubbing alcohol to clean it. Some times the screws for the ladder will strip. A larger stainless screw will work to replace it.

Thank you...