MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

i am looking for a pdf manual for a jenn-air w256w double convection

i am looking for a pdf manual for a jenn-air w256w double convection oven. can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.

Service or owner's manual?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
service and user manuals
Both books are not online. Is there an issue with the unit that I can help you with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we need to know the electric service into the oven. we know it is 230 but do you know the amperage?

If the house is as old or older than the unit it will likely have a 50-amp braker going to it unless it has been rewired. I was not able to get the wattage of the elements on the parts look up but a high average of an element of 3500 watts will give us an amp draw of 15 amps. If you are running both ovens it will be a 30 amp draw.

Are you blowing the braker? or poor heating?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we are installing into house that has new breaker and service box but only one slot available

You may have to run a sub pannel bellow it. I would set it up for a 50-amp. This way it will cover anything on the market. It is likely that the W256W, would have told you to have the 50-amp run to it. Most double wall ovens and freestanding ranges of that era were all 50-amp. Some of todays will only need as low as 30-amps and most are the 40-50 amp. Run it for 50-amp and you will have no problems.

Thank you...