Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

amana front load washer door wont open. Stopped working mid-cycle.

Customer Question

amana front load washer door won't open. Stopped working mid-cycle. We shut it on to reboot but it's not working. The machine is less than a year old and it sounds like it's trying to turn on but then it stops. Could it be the belt? How do we open the machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
the door lock assy is locked down and to release it you will need to get into the washer and with it being less than a year old it will void your warranty if you get into it yourself ,, you have a full one year manufactors warranty so it would be my advice to call it into service and that way all parts and labor is covered / thanks
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry