John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

inglis dryer wont start, power to outlet is good press button

inglis dryer won't start, power to outlet is good press button and nothing happens bought in 2006
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Open the door can you hear the click from the door switch

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wife says door sounds the same
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Was it taking longer to dry a load before this happened.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wife says ok this morning when used
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Part 2986

Pull the dryer out and check this thermal fuse, unplug the dryer and join the two wires together if it starts up replace the thermal fuse. tape the wires so they cant touch anything first,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can't find fuse, took small cover off where elect. cord goes in see only wires
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Did you take the big panel off to look for the fuse
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
panels off need picture again and inst.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Part

This is it here , pull the plug and check this fuse, you can join the wires together to try it, tape the wires fist before you try it if it starts replace the fuse.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
believe i had it, 2 blue wires going to white fuse, did not work
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=351870&SourceCode=1

Take the console panel off and check this start switch it should make contact when you push the start button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
took back panel off, can't get piece off how do u know it makes contact, not plugged in
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
That to be safe you need a meter to check, or replace it, its a common problem with that model.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
don't have meter, can i get part fast somewhere, still don't know how to take off
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Its clipped in from the back.and only an appliance parts store would have this part.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the part u showed me universal, will it fit, it looks smaller
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Its not universal and that switch is for your model number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if i do this and it don't work, should i buy another or call sears repair
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
You said the power was good at the dryer so you must have a meter to check the start switch, O h M it out to see if it makes contact.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok checked 2 blue wires going into switch and power is thereI
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Did you check for continuity at the switch with one wire off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO WILL TRY AGAIN
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Ok talk later.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Ok talk then good night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well im short of time i can get exact part for 25.00, i know its high but i may go with that i dont have a meter, is there any thing else simple or u think thats it
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
That price is high for the start switch,and no I cant think of anything elae you checked everything else.
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.