Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

i need to turn off the pilot light in my oven in order to bug-bomb

i need to turn off the pilot light in my oven in order to bug-bomb my house. i had no trouble locating the screw for the burners and turning that off with screwdriver but can't find anything for oven. there is a kind of flat metal box under the stovetop in the line that leads to the oven and it has a screw which will turn a quarter turn but doesn't turn the pilot off. help please if you can!
you will have a Ball type valve on your gas line to turn the gas off to the entire oven assembly if it was properly installed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it took me a while to walk the range out from the wall. unfortunately it doesn't have a ball valve on the gas line. the valve looks really strange but i'm not able to send you a photo so i think i'll call it quits before i blow the joint up. thanks for trying.

no problem ,And by law the appliance has to have a shut off .

Good luck