S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Jenn-Air 2300 ERS that has seen better days. None

I have a Jenn-Air 2300 ERS that has seen better days. None of the burners heat too well and I've replaced them all one too many times. I would like to either find another new 2300 ERS to replace it with or (even better) a modern cooktop that has an air vent in the middle like the one I have. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 4 years ago.
there are many down draft cook tops still available. the biggest problem is going to be the size of the hole that is cut in your counter top. the newer models don't usually fit in the old holes. do you know the cut out dimensions of your current cook top?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mr. Thomas: The measurements I get from the top itself are 21 3/8 X 29 3/4. The cutout is probably slightly smaller.
yes it would be but i would need to know what it is in order to tell you what would fit if anything. you will most likely need to cut out the opening.
if you go to www.jennair.com you can see the new cook tops they have to offer and all the dimensions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to Jenn-Air before I came here. None of their electric stove tops have center downdrafts any more. I don't know how to get the dimensions of the cutout, and I don't have the docs on the 2300 ERS any more, unfortunately. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until I do a remodel.
yes they do have them i sell them in one of my stores. here are the model numbers. jed3430ws, jed4430ws, jed4536, there a a few different styles also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There we go! I just didn't know where to look! Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX The JED3430WB would look great if it fits. Is it a good cooktop?
yes, jenn air is the top of the line when it comes to cook tops. we have very good feed back about all these that we sell. i believe you would be very pleased.
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance